Total Pageviews

Friday, June 10, 2016

TRULY INCREDIBLE

http://patch.com/…/fundraising-effort-underway-bensalem-fir…
I read an interesting article in The Patch, as well as watched a news report on Fox 29, that really had me puzzled. It was about the Paid Firefighter who injured himself over two weeks ago, while volunteering for another fire company, RIGHT HERE IN BENSALEM. Well, for some reason, he is now being supported by a ‘Go Fund Me’ account, by his fellow first responders. Now before the trolls from Notting...ham and 222 come crawling out of their holes, I want to make something clear. I have NOTHING against this fire fighter, never have, and NEVER will. My issue is with the township and their violation of the law. Now that that is out of the way, let me ask this: isn’t he supposed to already be covered by the township with this?? In case you’re confused, let me explain this one for you. According to what I KNOW of this, volunteer fire fighters ARE covered under workman’s comp, plus this man’s medical expenses should be taken care of by the township, since he DOES work for them. If this is the case, then why are this man’s medical expenses NOT being taken care of by the very township he works for?? Can someone explain this to me?? The Fair Labor Standards Act (See CFR 29 553.100-106 IN PARTICULAR SECTION 103) is VERY clear about this issue, and it states that no one is allowed to be both a paid and volunteer employee (In particular, a first responder, like a fire fighter.) WITHIN THE SAME MUNICIPALITY, so why is this occurring?? Could it be that there is an issue with his status as BOTH a paid and a volunteer fire fighter IN THE SAME MUNICIPALITY, and they don’t want the Labor Board to know??

No comments:

Post a Comment