Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Close Encounter of the Joey D Kind!

Just yesterday afternoon, my hubby and I were in the parking lot of the Giant on Street Road, to do some necessary food shopping, when as we were proceeding to park, a HUGE black Ford Expedition comes barreling up on us!! This truly scared both myself and my spouse, who doesn't mince words with careless drivers, and stated "Are we in a hurry, chief?" I looked into the front window of the SUV, and noticed that the driver of this monstrosity was none other than Joey D himself!! My first thought, was "What is he doing here among the 'little people'?", I then remembered back this past year (2010), when we and another scary encounter with a BIG Black SUV driven by THE SAME PERSON, but while traveling up Galloway Rd, near Grace Ave. At this moment, I became angry, because here is a person who is supposed to set an example for the people he serves, (In both instances!) nearly causing an accident!! This bothered me, because IF we had been hit in whether of these instances, my husband and I could have been seriously hurt, and my husband's livelihood (Tennis Instructor) would've have been jeopardized. Apparently, our "wonderful" mayor thinks that he is not only above the law, but also above common courtesy. My strong advice for Henry VIII, is to re-take driving classes, and above all...
LEARN SOME COMMON COURTESY ON THE ROAD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment