Total Pageviews

Monday, August 9, 2021

AN UNEXPECTED SURPRISE

 HOWDY GANG!!

I just had the unexpected pleasure of speaking with none other than Kathleen KC Tomlinson, and what a phone call it was! She not only listened to what I had to say, but genuinely felt bad for everyone at my apartment complex over this disaster. She expressed not only deep regret over not being here, but said that she was not told that Regency Apartments was affected by this disaster, and that really has me concerned. I'm wondering what is going on in this area, especially when it comes to the communication that's going on in regards to this, for her not to even know about it. We spoke at great length, (Over 30 minutes!) giving me a lot of information, and for this I am extremely grateful.

 During our conversation, I learned that part of the main problem in this, is our governor, and we need to hold his feet to the fire! She also stated they are trying every way possible to make sure that people are compensated, and helped for what is going on right now, but she is running into brick wall after brick wall. However she is still fighting and is not going to stop doing so. She said she is in the midst of enacting/establishing some legislation to make sure that when things like this happen, there is money for it right away, so please, please do whatever you can to support her and pray for her on this. She informed me, that at least according to what she's being told, that the Township is doing what they can, but I think we need to get on them more. We need to go to them, and create paper trails, file reports, paperwork of any and every kind to make sure that this is documented. One of the big problems that's going on here, is that homeowners, as well as people who aren't in Section 8 housing, are being slighted here, and that needs to stop.

 

I really greatly appreciate the fact that KC took the time to talk with me, and I want to say thank you for not only calling me but listening to my concerns. She is one of few people, that have contacted me, and giving me reasonably honest answers, and I very much appreciate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment