Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

THIS IS SAD….

My hubby and I were out running errands and conducting business today, when someone approached me, and left this letter next to me, while waiting at a local Dunkin Donuts. I read it when I got home, and not surprisingly, it had to do with the recent conviction of pedophile Walter Meyerle. Apparently, someone felt the need to get the response of one of the families this man made life a nightmare for, and even more not surprisingly, the family in question was the one(s) from none other than Bensalem! After I read it, my blood was boiling, and once I went to the Lord on this and calmed down, I had to share with all of you.
A detective lets three sexual assault cases sit on her desk for over 3 years. While she was taking frequent breaks both inside and outside the police station a predator preyed on innocent children!
While she was observed frequently chatting with her co-workers the predator who she was failing to investigate was luring yet another innocent child into a life of depression and anxiety. These are the kind of physical and emotional injuries that the victims and their families will take years to recover from if ever.
While she sat behind her desk with these cases stacked in front of her, that predator devastated the lives of more families with his attacks. This animal moved on to surrounding communities to continue his evil ways.
Meanwhile, the victims and their families waited for justice. Waited for this detective to think it was important enough to investigate this animal and get him off the street.
All the while, where was her supervisor who should have been checking the status of her cases? He was doing anything but police work
The detective was disciplined according to the Director of Public Safety. Is she still a detective? Is she still collecting her $90,000.00 PLUS SALARY EACH YEAR? Is her supervisor being disciplined?
A Philadelphia Police Lieutenant was fired for striking a woman in the street!
This detective left three victims sit without justice for over three years, allowed the predator to continue attacking innocent children and ruining the lives of more families while she walked around the police station talking with her co-workers and standing outside.
Thank God for the detective from Bristol Township who not only investigated and prosecuted this animal, found the Bensalem cases and brought those cases to light, we believe he prevented what could have been an ever increasing amount of violence from this animal.
All we have to do is look across the river to New Jersey and see what happens when these animals are left to roam free.
It is bad enough the victims and their families suffered through the predators attacks. They had to wait years to start the process of feeling safe again. The lack of action by this detective increased the injuries to the victims and their families.
We thank God for the detective from Bristol Township who not only investigated the case in Bristol Township, but followed the evidence to the other victims in Bensalem. His commitment to keeping this animal off the street gave the victims in Bensalem much delayed justice and peace.
Well done Bristol Township. This is just another dark page in the recent history of the Bensalem Police.
We, the friends of the victims are letting you know detective that your lack of action has caused more pain and made the victims and their families feeling like they were victimized by you!
Happy with this Detective Cannon?? Are you proud of yourself?? How about the supervisor, (Sargent Annisman I believe?), who should have been monitoring your cases more closely? There is supposed to be a procedure that is followed when it comes to this, but of course since you have no certification, it gives you an "excuse" to not only not follow it, but to not do your jobs with ANY case properly. Of course the chief offender in all of this is YOU Haman!! After all, the detective's supervisor answers ultimately to you, and given your "wonderful attitude" towards women, we get the results given to this horrible situation.
To the families this evil man affected, I say this: I could NEVER hope to know what you have been through, but know that I would NEVER wish this on anyone, and that what you young girls went through was the host heinous and despicable thing that anyone could ever go through, and I want to let you know how much my heart breaks for you and that I feel your pain. Just know that healing IS possible, and that you bringing Meyerle to justice is the biggest dose of this healing you could ever have. If you are still in therapy, please keep at it, and know that there are people who care about you, and pray for you. I want to leave you with something that I pray will help you in your healing process, something that means a great deal to me, and it's the words of a song by Amy Grant, entitled "Ask Me"
Ask Me: By Amy Grant and Tom Hemby
I see her as a little girl hiding in her room
She takes another bath and she sprays her momma's perfume
To try to wipe away the scent he left behind
But it haunts her mind.

You see she's his little rag, nothing more than just a waif
And he's mopping up his need, she is tired and afraid
Maybe she'll find a way through these awful years to disappear.

Ask me if I think there's a God up in the heaven
Where did He go in the middle of her shame?
Ask me if I think there's a God up in the heavens
I see no mercy and no one down here's naming names
Nobody's naming names.

Now she's looking in the mirror at a lovely woman face
No more frightened little girl, like she's gone without a trace
Still she leaves the light burning in the hall
It's hard to sleep at all.

Still she crawls up in her bed acting quiet as a mouse
Deep inside she's listening for a creaking in the house
But no one's left to harm her, she's finally safe and sound
There's a peace she's found.

Ask her how she knows there's a God up in the heaven
Where did He go in the middle of her shame?
Ask her how she knows there's a God up in the heavens
She said His mercy is bringing her life again.

Ask me how I know there's a God up in the heaven
(How do you know?)
Where did He go in the middle of her shame
(Where did He go?)
Ask me how I know there's a God up in the heavens
(How do you know?)
She said his mercy is bringing her life again
She's coming to life again.

He's in the middle of her pain
In the middle of her shame
Mercy brings life
He's in the middle
Mercy in the middle.

So ask me how I know
Ask me how I know, yeah
Ask me how I know there's a God up in the heaven
(How do you know?)
Ask me how I know there's a God up in the heavens
(How do you know?)
Yeah, ask me how I know
(How do you know?)
Ask me
Ask me
Ask me how I know
(How do you know?)
There's a God up in the heavens
Ask me how I know there's a God up in the heavens

3 comments:

  1. What's really sad is that Detective Cannon was a Victim's Advocate with the Philadelphia DA's office prior to being hired by Bensalem Police. A victim's advocate, I can only imagine what an asset she was to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got to be kidding me! Some Victim's Advocate she is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What really amazes me, is that she wasn't fired for this!! I guess it pays to have connections.

    ReplyDelete