Total Pageviews

Friday, July 15, 2011

Racism in Linconia.............What Racism in Linconia????

This is a re-post of an old article, that I had to share again. It goes to show what LIARS Harran, he Bensalem Township Police and Joey D truly are.


I was at the NAACP event in October of 2009, to listen to the candidates speak. I was particularly interested in the number of high ranking police officers (including Council President Kisselback's son) that were there.
The police chief stated that there were no racial issues within the police department. I can tell you different. My cousin is a good student and works at night to pay his way through school. After he left work, he was walking home when the police stopped him. They said that a black man committed a robbery in the area. My cousin did not match the height or clothing description. The only thing he matched was being black. I thought being black in public was not a crime anymore. My cousin was then arrested, handcuffed, and taken to the police station! He was then accused by the police, of committing a robbery despite not matching the description of the robber!
When my family complained about his treatment, we met with a Lieutenant at the police station. The Lieutenant could offer no valid explanation for my cousin's arrest. The Lieutenant admitted that my cousin did not match the description of the robber. In fact, the Lieutenant admitted that my cousin was not even close (other than being black) to fitting the description. When we asked if this crime was committed by a white suspect, would all white people be handcuffed and brought to the police station even if they didn't match the description of the robber? The Lieutenant did not respond.
The only time we see the politicians in Linconia, is when they are running for election, or have racial problems, and want to be seen as minority friendly. Whenever I have spoken to the few officers within the police department that are minorities, they admitted that there are still problems. They choose not to speak of them because they say nothing will be done, and out of fear of retribution.
My parents are well aware of the long history of former Captain Robinson and his attitude towards African-Americans. He was allowed to retire with no penalty for his many negative statements and actions regarding African-Americans.
All The long-standing politicians spoke about all the things they have done (I noted none mentioned anything in particular) and their willing to continue holding office. Of course, the Mayor spoke about the number of police officers that he has hired since he took office. Can anyone show me where more police officers equals safer properties?
Creating an atmosphere of fear is not the answer to safer communities.

Of course, we now have what happened July 5th, and we wait to see if Harran will do ANYTHING positive for this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment