Total Pageviews

Friday, August 26, 2011

Budget Still a Valid Issue

There are those who are trying to not have the township's budget be used as an issue in this election, but I believe this budget issue has EVERYTHING to do with the current election. I believe this to be so, because of how they handled it, and because they really did not fix it. The following reasons below are why I maintain this view:

1. Just so everyone knows, this issue WAS brought up before the budget meeting, and it was done by me, and the BCCT.They (the township) handled the 2010 shortage (Stress 2010 going into 2011!) POORLY, by dipping into the trust fund they have from selling the water and sewage co. and "laying off" 6 people!! The problem with this, is that they could have found better ways of doing this, and when it comes to lay offs, they purposely didn't go about this effectively, but based it on political influence. Two of those people "laid off" were Rosalee Flemke, Bensalem Police's Domestic Violence Services Coordinator, and Dave Fiedler the former Public Relations Director and head of TD Bank Amphitheater, and they WERE terminated. I spoke with Rosalie who is a friend of mine, and Fiedler has stated this in print, which I have, so I know this to be true.

2. I have gone over the budget and so have others, and we have found numerous things on it for this year that lead us to believe this year will end in a deficit for beginning 2012, and its to the tune of over 9 million dollars!! That is what Iam talking about!! I and many others have asked questions on this, but the council and the mayor REFUSE to answer, so it shows they have something to hide. I believe this budget issue has EVERYTHING to do with the current election, because of how they handled it, and because they really did not fix it. the following below is why I maintain this. While I understand that you have to have a balanced budget, and that you need a current status of the budget, that is correct. The main issue is that, they need to explain how they had a 6.5 million dollar deficit last year if they had a balanced budget.They also need to show us that the current budget (2011 to 2012) is truly balanced.



All I am saying everyone, is don't count a valid point out.

No comments:

Post a Comment