Total Pageviews

Monday, August 8, 2011

Even Republicans Think Joey D and Council Need to Go!!

I found this posting on the Patch, and had to share it. This person makes a LOT of sense, and I hope the Bensalem democrats read this.



I have been a resident of the township for almost thirty years and pretty much the same core group of people have been calling all the shots. Here, as down in Washington, we need term limits. I have been a registered Republican since 1973 and my suggestion is for all the Democrats to switch parties in this township and to field their candidates as Republicans and maybe we can finally get some fresh faces to chose from in the primary. In the mayors defense, he has done a lot of nice things for the township but it is becoming more and more evident that we need a major house cleaning in regards to our local government. As others have said, I too chose to pay to send my children to Catholic schools while paying for the education of the public school students. My tax bill bill has risen from $2200 to over $7000 in the time that I have lived here mainly due to the school district taxes. I am an Empty Nester, and have to continue paying exorbitant taxes for an under-achieving school district that would rather build a Taj-Mahol gym than put out a better product in the way of better educated students as compared to some of our surrounding communities . A change in our leadership is way overdue!

Its interesting to see that even Republicans such as this individual, have the common sense to realize the difference between right and wrong, and that we can't afford "one party rule" here in Bensalem anymore. It says a great deal about this town, in that there are people like this, who feel
that people such as our township council, and Joey D need to go, and are willing to do something on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment