Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 24, 2011

December's Hero of the Month: Lieutenant Karl Mascia

I know that this has not been done in quite a while, but I am now doing a special Christmas Edition of Hero of the Month. This person was brought to me via my source this morning, and I had to post.

We would like to take notice of, and thank Lieutenant Karl Mascia of the Bensalem Police Department for his tireless work on behalf of those less fortunate members of our community. Lieutenant Mascia has selflessly donated his time and energy for more then two decades, filling baskets during Thanksgiving with food for families in distress. He has also donated his time during the Christmas season gathering toys and gifts and filling baskets with food for the holiday. Lieutenant Mascia is just one of many citizens of our township that donate their time to these worthy causes. But, he is one of the members of the Bensalem Police Department that does so without expecting thanks or public notice. He rarely receives recognition when others do less and are publicly rewarded.

Gang, this man is the PERFECT example of what I spoke of before when it comes to giving. He doesn't do it for any notoriety, nor to make himself look good. When I heard how he is the REAL influence behind things like, The Holiday Heart of a Community, does this so unselfishly, and out of a GENUINE desire to help others, I just had to share this with all of you. Lieutenant Mascia, I hope I'm not making you turn red with embarrassment with this, but you are a TRULY honorable Police Officer and man. I pray that God blesses you richly, for what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment